Sunday, July 13, 2008

Flavor of the Weak

i have become a rather independent person.

ever since i moved back home from stony brook, i have had to do things on my own. i live someplace where i really don't have any friends (except when tina doesn't live in california and when laura doesn't live in england). blame it on no one coming home after college. blame it on going to commuter school. blame it on her. regardless, it is a fact. and honestly, it isn't too bad. i feel that is has made me mature more than if i would have been surrounded by people i have known since i was 12. i now do so much on my own that i would never have done before (except going to the movies alone, i did it once & didn't like it). the friends i do have don't live too close to me. which makes seeing them more like a special treat.

in the past year or so, my friend numbers have grown much larger. from going to shows, from having a close group of classmates, from my new job. and i like it. b/c i feel like i am a new person and the me that i was before isn't there. i turn 25 in almost a month. it is weird. but it has resulted in me coming closer to the person that i am supposed to be. i am not there yet, i know. there are things holding me back and i need to over come them. but once i am done with school and begin teaching, i feel like i will be a whole lot closer to figuring out at least how i can get to the right place.



i also realize sometimes how weak i am.
today my friends was one of those days

No comments: