Tuesday, September 30, 2008

we all die a little each day

september is over in a a bunch of minutes. i'm kind of happy to have october start. not for any real reason. maybe this month will be a good one. i doubt it, but it could happen.


on the way home from work, i just wanted to curl into bed. i wanted to magically be home in my pjs and be comfy under the covers. i also really wanted a stuffed animal. i was never a cuddle with a nylon stuffed creature type person. but that was all that i could focus on this afternoon. i took my carebear off the top of my dashboard and hugged it. i felt not better, but calm. i would have closed my eyes to enjoy it more, but i probably would have died.

but really, it felt nice to hold & hug my silly little carebear. when i got into my driveway, i gave it a little kiss on the head and put it back where it has sat undisturbed for the last year or two.


(taken on the bqe during the drive to philly last week)

i have a feeling it might be put to work a whole bunch more in the future.

No comments: