Thursday, October 15, 2009

getting crazy's just a waste of time

"the only thing stopping you is you"

this was told to me by Lauren a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember when or what it was about specifically. all that I know is that I saved it and knew I was going to come back to it later.

today I was being me and then in response she told me:
"you need to have more confidence about yourself"

which is true. i however have a lack of confidence in other people almost as much as I do in myself. that is hard to change, hard to move past. I haven't had any reason to build that confidence in a long time. the last person I really had any interest in dropped me like a bad habit and it was like a string of lovely moments had never happened. and after that I've been stuck with getting forgotten and tossed aside.

I don't think that it is that I feel I am less than. I am relatively happy with myself internally and I'm as a whole rather appathetic with myself externally. I just feel like there has to be someone out there that would like me for all the internal and external characteristics, even the less than favorable ones.

one day I guess...

No comments: