Monday, November 24, 2008

cause we care, not for the thrill

tomorrow will be an amazing day...my first real solo show.


it might kill me.
so i might need names to cover my shift wed night at the store

besides massive hangs with the team,
more than anything i am always most excited to see kevin.

it has been a month since cmj, and a month always feels too long when it comes between shows. i have seen kevin perform many times and it is always just as fresh as the first time 3.5 years ago. there is something about him and the music that he plays that gets me every time. as a normal guy, he is probably one of the best dudes that i know. he is always legit and he gets it. as a musician, the music never fails me. there is always some deep emotion that i can get from the words and the notes that he chooses. the same song can make me feel empowered one moment, cry the next, and help everything make sense not far after that. it is just real.

No comments: