Thursday, October 11, 2007

YouTubeWed -- #003

I'm late again, but i blame kevin devine not myself.

Patty Griffin - Rain




On Oct 30th, Patty Griffin is putting out a dvd of her performance at the Angel Orensanz Center on the lower east side of manhattan that took place the day that her record "Children Running Through" was released. I was there that night and it was an absolutely amazing performance. I have been a fan of her's since I heard "Blue Sky" on a cd sampler i got at Lilith Fair in 1999. Finally getting to see her play that night after 7 years of being in awe of her music was extremely surreal.

This song in partcular is one of my favorite patty songs. I don't actually own the record this comes off of (cause really...16.99 at best buy is out of control) but i do have it & it is a steller record (Tomorrow Night makes me weak in my knees) Her first two records are, in my opinion, her two shining stars, but 1000 Kisses isn't one to be missed.

No comments: